Saturday, March 3, 2018

What Failure and Rejection Have Taught Me

Have you ever wanted something so badly, that when you fail at attaining it, you become miserable? Because, me too. We've all been there when yearning for something and that when we don't get it, it feels like our world has turned upside-down. Like there's nothing to hold on for. However, failure and rejection don't need to be viewed as a life threatening experience. In fact, I'm about to share with you how I came to look at them as life changing experiences.

The last time I experienced rejection, which was about a month ago, I was devastated. I was really hoping this thing would work out, but due to other reasons, it didn't. "Am I good enough?" and "I shouldn't have said anything" kept spinning around in my head as I began to closely examine my new and altered reality.

I let myself dwell on this issue for a couple days, until one day I told myself to get over it. I had enough of feeling sorry for myself. This might have been a little too harsh, but it was necessary in order for me to allow the healing process to begin. That was when I began to learn from these unpleasant experiences.

Looking carefully at what had happened, I can now say that this rejection was meant to happen. If it weren't, it wouldn't have happened. I say this because I believe that everything happens for a reason. Realizing this allowed me to accept that just because I had failed at attaining what I was hoping for, I had actually won in the sense that I got what I needed.

Failure and rejection do not happen to us, but for us. This goes for anything in life. They happen to teach us to work harder, learn from our mistakes, and to reevaluate what we did wrong. This was what happened to me. I got rejected because I needed to experience not getting what I wanted so that I can have something better in the future.

So, I have been fortunate enough to experience rejection and failure in a lot of aspects in my life, but the one I had experienced last month really taught me to think carefully and be very present. I hope that I receive something better in place of what I had wanted before, so that I can follow up with this and provide some of you with hope that rejection and failure are really not the worst things to occur.




No comments:

Post a Comment