Saturday, March 3, 2018

New Fitness Plan

I am dedicating this month to focus on my body. I tend to focus a lot on my thought patterns and controlling my emotions, but due to a goal I have in mind, I have decided to commit to figuring out what works well for me and what doesn't when it comes to having a fitness routine. While I had originally intended to use yoga as my main source of exercise, after doing some research and due to what I want to have changed about my body is what is leading me to want to try other things. 

My main goal with this is to see how consistent I can be. Can I exercise 4-5 days a week and not give up? How about two or three? I want to see what I can do to make this process easier and more fun than just work.

When trying anything new, I don't like going into an experience with limiting beliefs. I like to be as open-minded as possible. If something doesn't feel good, I'll slow down, take a break, or stop it all together. If I feel like I'm restricting myself from food that really will not do me as much harm as I think it will, I will allow myself to have some of it. Pushing myself too hard and beating myself up for things that simply do not work for me or are out my control is not something that I will tolerate. Before focusing on what needs to change about my body, I need to make sure that my mind is in alignment with it.

I am trying to tell myself that trying new things doesn't need to be scary or dreadful. As much as I'd like this to be a learning experience for myself, I'd also like to figure out how I can find pleasure within this whole process. I want to find planning workouts and trying new exercises to be enjoyable rather than boring. Doing this will probably allow the process to go by much smoother. 

This is going to be a gradual change for me.  Learning when and how much time I'll need for exercising are sure to come up during the month. I can't wait to see what this brings me. 
Updates will be coming.


No comments:

Post a Comment